Wednesday, June 20, 2012

We have embryos!!!!

Today was another milestone day in the journey to familyhood. Donor eggs were successfully retrieved with 13 of the 18 successfully fertilized. We are so very excited about this. Now they grow for 6 days to become blastocysts before being cryopreserved awaiting my arrival. So I know Athena and Apollo have got to be elated, cautiously optimistic.

As far as my progress goes,
I had an ultrasound this morning and had my estradiol levels checked. The lining in my uterus was determined to be too thick (12mm) and needs to be 5mm. So we need mother nature to kick in and release some of that extra lining. Thankfully the ultrasound kicked that into gear, TMI, so sorry. Prepare for the details folks. Anyways I must go back on Friday morning for another ultrasound to see if my lining levels have come down. Once that happens we can reduce my Lupron dosage by half and start estrogen patches. Estradiol levels were just right so that was very good news, meaning meds are working and body is accepting them.

We are still on target so keep the prayers coming that at least 4 embryos make it blastocyst stage on Monday. Also pray that my body reduces the lining and allows us to keep moving forward.

Blessings Bloggie Buddies

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, girlie. I know that you're waiting on pins ans needles.

    ReplyDelete