Tuesday, February 26, 2013

34 weeks and 2 hospital visits

We made it another week, which is fantastic. But let me share with you the adventures of this very week.

So it started out with a threat of severe winter weather. I wasn't to worried about it in the beginning. I had a NST appt set for early Thursday morning. Should be no problem since the storm was not due to arrive until lunchtime. So I mentally prepare myself and try to relax when I arrive at the office. Once in the chair and all strapped up and the test could begin. Coconut seemed a bit sleepy and was not bouncing around too terribly much. So we sit through the first 20 minutes and he was not reacting appropriately. They give me another 20 minutes and same thing. After this they tell me I need to eat some candy, so M&M's were consumed to get him to "wake up". This did not work either. Doc came in after another 20 minutes of monitoring and said I must go over to the hospital as I failed this NST. Click this link to read more about these tests.  At the hospital they would continue to monitor me and do a BPP, Bio Physical Profile of the baby. Click this link to understand a BPP. So I was hooked up to the monitor and watched for another hour. Still not spiking the 15bpm/ for 15 secs. So the BPP was ordered and I was wheeled back to the radiology dept for the test. We scored perfect on that test and everything looked great. He even stuck his tongue out at us on the monitor. Silly Coconut. After this the sleet began to fall and my phone was almost dead. I was frustrated as I was all alone. Zeus was released from work at 11am due to the deteriorating weather conditions. Thankfully his Boss, J.D. was willing to drive him up to the hospital. After more monitoring and back and forth phone calls with my Doctor at the office and the nurse attending to me we were released after 1:30pm. The sleet was now over 2 1/2 inches thick and it was sticking to everything. Thankfully I did not have to drive home alone as I felt run over by a bus. I was frustrated and upset that things just are getting complicated now. So we drove less than 30mph home which took well over an hour with us stopping to clean off windshield wipers that became encased in ice and rendered them useless. What a mess. Thankfully we made it home safely and would not need to go back until Monday.

Then came Monday. The In-laws had arrived on Friday after a long 24 hr delay from the weather so my Mother-in-Law asked to join me at the doctors office. That was really nice so I did not have to go it alone. Basically same thing happened as Thursday just without the weather. Failed NST. Forced to eat candy. Sent to hospital. Another NST, another BPP. More phone calls to office and lots of answering questions. Then we were determined to go home that baby once again looked and seemed to be doing just fine. It was much better to have someone to talk to that's for sure. We were then told that I would probably go from being seen twice a week to three times a week after I had a Cord Doppler exam and another NST on Wednesday. Click this link for Cord Doppler explanation.

So now we wait until Wednesday to see what the next step is and where we go from here. Oh, and coconut is still breach so we are looking at a turning procedure next week as well. What fun that will be.

Here's a Youtube video of that turning procedure they will be doing next week. Yeah, looks painful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj3RMqoZnC8


So what was to be an amazing journey is turning into quite the job. Its frustrating at best these days. I just want everything to be fine, normal and go smoothly. I must remember God is still in control. I ask that all of you add us to the prayer list. Prayer that baby will turn and be head down, pray that labor can be preformed naturally, pray that parents will not panic and be OK with whatever needs to be done. Please pray for all the doctors for wisdom. I thank you for following this journey and I'll continue to keep you all up to date.

Blessings Bloggie Buddies





1 comment:

  1. Aww, hang in there lady! You're doing amazing work here and everything will turn out fine. And then you'll have funny stories to tell Coconut when he's a bit older :)

    ReplyDelete