Thursday, May 31, 2012

Look what I got today

Today I received a HUGE box from the nice UPS man. Ziggy actually intercepted the box and carried it in for me. He said WOW MOM, that's a big box. He's so sweet. But today the box that arrived is just another step in the process of baby carrying. It's full of medication. Ridiculous amount of medication.


Yeah that is a lot of medication that I will be using to get through this journey. It actually made me sick looking at it all. The sheets of needles and syringes increased the nausea feeling that overwhelmed me. I'll be honest here, I am not the best receiver of shots.

 OK, so when I was standing in that awful line while in basic training, just seeing the airman with injectors that looked like guns made me nervous, sick and weak in the knees. The first shot I almost hit the floor, but by the third one I could not put one foot in front of the other one and had to be carried to the seats below before I hit the ground. I get light-headed, dizzy, nauseous and don't feel well for about thirty minutes. This does not bod well for the upcoming weeks.

So, I'm hoping that the first injections that I must give myself in my abdomen are not going to be that bad. They are supposed to be smaller, diabetic needles.  I have exactly 11 days to come to terms with the fact that I will receive 16 weeks of these injections daily. That's 112 shots. Oh My Word, maybe I like the number 16 better. I think I have gone insane. Yep, maybe, probably, most likely, no most definitely, I have gone crazy to think these shots are going to be no problem. Well, I'll adjust. If not then we'll just have to give them when I have an hour to lay down. Maybe before bed. Not sure yet. But anyways this is an amazing process no less.

My family is beginning to make travel plans to the Northwest. We are so excited to get to meet the HP's. The kids are so excited to see Nana and Grandpa too. We also received some even better news today. Zeus is NOT deploying before next April. Yes, you read that right I almost did this journey alone. Thankfully God's hand is still at work. My God is an awesome God and knowing that I am sure giving myself these shots will be supported by God and he will give me the needed courage.
Please continue to pray for us through this process.

 I was told by Doctor the other day that we have an 81% chance of pregnancy and a 65% chance of twins. How amazing that would be to give my HP's not only a baby but two babies.

Stay tuned for more info.

Blessings Bloggie Buddies

No comments:

Post a Comment