Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Injection day 3

Alright friends yesterdays injection by far has been the worst shot I've had to give myself ever. It was pure misery, and I do not say that lightly. The shot yesterday laid me out. As soon as the needle touched my skin it hurt like the dickens and it was all downhill from there. I immediately got sick to my stomach, thinking that vomiting would actually make me feel better. By the time I got the cap on the needle and put it in the needle disposal box the room was spinning. I started seeing spots and the color from my skin disappeared. I was lightheaded, dizzy, nauseous and not feeling well at all. I laid down as fast as I could so I didn't pass out. It took almost 2 hours before my tummy settled down.

I was determined that today's shot was going to be nothing like last nights. It was dreadful. I decided to try my best to relax and I put an ice block on my stomach for about 5 minutes. Once I couldn't feel the ice anymore, it didn't feel cold, I thought it would be OK to give myself the shot. I prepared everything and cleaned my tummy where the injection site would be and stood there trying my best not to think about it. Took the needle and stuck myself, shockingly surprised that I did not feel a thing. OH Happy Day. This is fantastic. I did not hurt, I did not get sick, I did not get dizzy and there was no tummy ache. Thank you Lord above. I have found the new recipe for self injections. So here I stand on day 3 thinking much more positively than ever before. These Lupron injections are going to be manageable. Thankfully. Now if we could make the Progesterone injections this manageable we will be in good shape.

So I leave you will warm fuzzies for today. Thanks to all of you bloggie buddies out there for your prayers. They are making a huge difference. I hope you continue to follow my journey and pray for both families as we put one foot in front of the other each and every day.

Blessings to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment