Monday, August 20, 2012

Check Up after ER visit

Today Zeus and I went in to see my regular OBGYN after our long night on Friday and rough morning on Saturday. The OB actually called to check up on us on Sunday. That was so nice. So today I started out with a little more bleeding. I'm not convinced it will ever stop at this point. But that's beside the point. I had a minor bit of cramping as well but nothing major that I could not just push through without meds. I mean come on I've given birth to four already. I can do this.

Its been a rough week emotionally and physically. I am so thankful you all take the time to read my story. It warms my heart so much. The biggest thing I take from this is the honesty from so many of you. So many have shared their own personal fertility, pregnancy or health secrets with me. That has made me feel so special and honored that you all felt I was worthy of telling such personal, emotional stories. I don't take that trust lightly. Thanks Friends. You all are inspiring.

Today at the Doctor after waiting over an hour to be seen. I'll forgive them this time since they were waiting on 31 pages of documents from the hospital. Finally in walks my doc, laptop and a stack of paperwork. She was prepared. We talked about the trials and statistics of pregnancy. Over 30% of pregnancies have a significant bleed during the pregnancy. WOW, big number. Funny how 0% of my 4 had this problem. But that's also higher when using IVF. She was pleased with the ultrasound results. Baby, Sac and Uterus look normal. She's thinking that the bleed could be coming from a small, 2mm, bleed within the amniotic sac located right beside the baby. It can bleed up to 20 weeks. OK, wait. I thought pregnancy was nice to not have to worry about staining clothes or wearing these ridiculous sanitary pads. Boy was I wrong. Its worse than a regular cycle. OK, so I understand this will be awhile. Doc says this is not a textbook pregnancy by any means and their is reason to be concerned but nothing she is overly worried about. Heartbeat was lower but within normal range (110-160bpm). OK that's good news. She didn't want or feel the need to check my cervix since my blood tests show rising HCG levels at normal limits. She did stress that I must remain on bed rest for another 2 weeks. STOP! You want me to lay in bed for 2 weeks, 14 days, 336 hours and 20, 160 minutes. Hold up. That means my 32 birthday in mere days will require me to be confined to a bed. YUCK. This is no bueno. But I understand its for the health and safety of sweet little, or I mean awnry little coconut.  Poo! I'll oblige. Not that I want to. Doc did say that I can move back and forth from the couch to the bed though. That was HUGE for me. Since my hips and knees are starting to ache from this FIRM bed. The couch sounds like heaven, I'll take it. If only it was on wheels so I could enjoy this gorgeous weather. Maybe Zeus is gonna have to start opening blinds and windows so I can enjoy the fresh summer air I miss.

Zeus has been amazing. No really, he has put up with my crying, moaning, complaining, anger and needy behaviour. He has gently rolled me out of bed several times a day and walked me to the bathroom. He has fed me. Made sure I was drinking plenty and made sure I had things to keep me busy. He has put my clothes on for me. He gave me a shower. He even picked out clean underwear. Yeah, I took his man card with that one. I call it being a responsible husband. He is awesome. I'm so thankful his Boss and his Air Force Unit have given him time off to help me. I'm most grateful.

So, if you want to chat, email or message me. You can find me here at my house attached to a bed or couch. I'm available the next 2 weeks. Lets make a date.

So we continue to wait, hope and pray that I will heal quickly and return to my family as a Momma and wife instead of a patient and nuisance. My kids start soccer games on the 8th of September. It's my goal to be at all 3 games.

Thanks God for your hand and blessing through this process. I give God the glory for my strength, patience, love and continued motivation to follow through to delivery.

Blessings to all you wonderful readers, I love you.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! With everything going on in my own home, I have not had time to stop by. I am so glad I did today. And WHOA!!! I am glad Coconut is okay - but mostly I am glad that YOU are okay so far. Bed rest sucks FOR SURE!!! It's awesome that Zeus is able to be there and that the base has been so awesome.

    You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful for everything being okay witg the baby! Bed rest is really bed torture. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with bed rest--it sure does make the clock slow down. I'm so glad to hear the baby looks great!

    ReplyDelete