Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Rough night

Well after all the wonderful news of heartbeats and no more shots yesterday we were hit with a huge slap in the face, reality check.

After I made the babies quesadillas for dinner we played scattergories. I was relaxing on the couch when my stomach started feeling funky. So off to the bathroom I went. Immediately after sitting down the blood poured from my bottom. It was excessive. I freaked. I cried. I panicked. I called Zeus who was more than 800 miles away. My brain was fuzzy. I couldn't think straight. What was happening to me? This was way to much blood for this to be ok. Zeus told me he'd make some calls. I called my mom then as I couldn't even talk straight, pure panic. Zeus had called a former neighbor who is a doctor. Our friend J came to get me take me to ER. Zeus then called his boss and his wife met us at the ER. Then he called another coworker to ask if they could help with our babies. I talked to Zeus until I left for ER. We made it to ER and they for me in pretty quick after a struggle with a computer for registration. Thankfully J was by my side and I didn't have to do it alone. G, bosses wife and friend was there for moral support. After more bleeding, passing blood clots the size of apples. I finally had an ultrasound. They found baby Coconut still comfy with heartbeat. They ruled out other abdominal issues as well. I then needed to get the lovely Rhogam shot to help since my blood is negative and Apollos is positive.

That shot went in my booty, of course, and hurt like the dickens. Boy did it sting like fire.

After that I was given Tylenol-3, and anti nausea meds. I began to shake uncontrollably, which I do in labor or severe pain, for a half hour or so. That scared me even more. J and G were such positive thinkers and help keep my mind in a good place.

After two different sets of blood draws, a huge shot, a pelvic exam, full abdomen ultrasound, pain medicine, lots of waiting I'm finally at home resting.
Zeus is driving home as you read. K and A have my babies taken care of til Zeus is home tomorrow. E stopped by to let dogs out and is bringing me lunch. S came by to lift my spirits with her sweet little boy T. G is taking me to doctor again this afternoon for an OBGYN check up.

I'm ok. Still bleeding minor but much better today. I'm terribly sore and tired.

Please pray for all of us. Patience for the sitter, understanding for Zeus unit, hope for Apollo and Athena. Pray for me and coconuts safety.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you! Next rhogahm shot....request it in the thigh.....I had one in my bottom before my d&c and it hurt bad! This most recent shot they put it in the thigh and I was able to move it around better and it didn't hurt as bad!

    Praying very hard!

    ReplyDelete