Wednesday, July 11, 2012

One down....

Oh mercy, I'm so thankful that today ingot to spend with my bestest friend in the whole world. Her and her amazing husband kept me distracted from tonight's no so fun event. We even made a deal which I will now be counting down the days.

Tonight I had to start the very first progesterone in oil injection. Not so fun. This is an intramuscular shot in the rear, butt, behind or whatever you wanna call it. I've been dreading it for months. No seriously, months. So after watching footloose and having a wonderful chat with our friends it was time for the event. So first thing I had to change my patches and go from 4 patches back down to two. That's never really a problem just a bit of a pain to do. Not painful or hard, just annoying. Once that was done I put I big ice pack in my underwear and wore that for several minutes until Zeus was finished walking the dogs. I got it all set up, using two separate needles, one BIG one to draw the meds and another to inject.

Zeus has had me freaked for weeks explaining that he would give it to me like his dad gives it to horses, slap, slap, pop!!! Talk about making my stomach churn. Heck no was he gonna treat me like that. So the whole time he's picking at me. If you know him you know he LOVES to pull my strings and make me mad, upset, irritated, agitated and downright annoyed. He was no different tonight. He acted like he was gonna be rough but he actually gave me the shot and I did not even feel it. He was gentle and joking in a loving manor. Tonight was huge for me. It went over very well.

So we are now in the home stretch. Less than 5 days until our big day, transfer of two precious frozen and thawed embies.

Keep those prayers coming. We hit the road tomorrow to finish our trip to Washington.

Blessings bloggie buddies

No comments:

Post a Comment